Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I will not be intimidated by accessories!


Last night as my husband and I were laying in bed chatting before we both fell asleep, I was telling him about how much I enjoy knitting socks. So we talk about why.....the fun yarns, lots of cool patterns, and that they keep me from getting bored. So then he says.....

"I don't get it, you used to be afraid of knitting socks!"

and I replied....

"I will not be intimidated by accessories!!!"

As fully shown by my finished objects this week. First off, I've got my mom's Hedera socks.

The Details:
Pattern: Hedera, from knitty
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill's Supersock in the Peacock colorway
Needles: Knitpicks Classic Circulars in Size 1
Comments: I really liked this pattern. The lace pattern is easy enough to memorize that I didn't have to look after doing a couple repeats and the sock went pretty fast. The toe fits me a little weird, but I have wide feet, of course it really doesn't matter since they are for my mom! She tried one on the last time she was here and loved it, so I think she'll enjoy them. Oh, and notice my lovely assistant.....that's my daughter! She wanted to wear "mammy's socks". She's cute.

Another picture, this time sans lovely assistant. I NEED to get some blockers, but here they are waiting for my mom to come visit!

















Also this week I finished my Odessa hat. I started it on a whim, mostly because it has been SO freaking cold this week!

The details:
Pattern: Odessa, from Magknits
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK in color 07
Needles: Susan Bates circulars sizes 4&6
Comments: I liked this pattern a lot. Great mindless knitting that I could work on while my watching the kids, set down and pick up again easily. I didn't bead it because I didn't have any beads around, but I quite like the hat itself. If I was going to make it again I would have made it just slightly longer because it barely covers my ears. I have some cashmerino left over to match, so I think I might make some fetching gloves to go with it!

Ok, not really a finished object, but here is a little sneak peak at my Knitty Sock-swap socks. The yarn is super yummy to work with. More pictures later when they've been swapped!


And last, but not least, a quick store update! I've been busy trying new yarns for my store and discussing my future business plans with hubby. We will officially be opening a new website sometime in the next month or so, with a new blog, yarn gallery, etc. I'm very excited to be doing this! As for new yarns.....I just found a fabulous new sock yarn that I will be trying out this week and hope to be adding to my store later. It's soft and squishy!!!

No comments: